MYTH #1: I’ll need to know or learn how to swing a hammer to run this business.
TRUTH #1: Skills with a hammer are not required to own a Handyman Matters franchise. Experience in operations, business management, strategic planning, and project management are the most beneficial traits of Handyman Matters owners.
The most successful owners take advantage of their previous career experience and parlay their strengths into running a scalable construction services business. Because you hire and manage a TEAM of craftsmen who are responsible for the day-to-day job management, owner construction experience is not required. A competent and experienced leader who understands the value of staying close to the business can effectively leverage the business systems and processes to create a solid, sustainable, and profitable enterprise.
KEY OWNER ATTRIBUTES
- Comfortable making decisions and driving results through a TEAM
- Challenged by and excited to lead a small team of employees
- Motivated leaders who value defined roles and responsibilities
- Aligned with employee development and performance, rooted in sound customer service
MYTH #2: A Handyman Matters Franchise business sounds like it’s for men only?
TRUTH #2: The business is designed for anyone! In fact, we have a fairly equal cross-section of male and female owners.
The Handyman Matters system is a multi-tasking machine. Anyone with a previous career in the corporate world can apply those same skills to business ownership and be successful. Leadership, project management, willingness to continually invest in the business and an ability to manage a team have been demonstrated to be the key skills that lead to success at Handyman Matters. Advanced technology for managing estimates, scheduling and dispatching craftsman removes the guesswork, allowing our owners, whether male or female, to run their business and drive profitable results.
PASSION, PRIDE & PROFESSIONALISM
The Handyman Matters model creates opportunity for anyone with the drive to be a successful business owner. Your experience and personal motivation to succeed and create a thriving business is what matters.
MYTH #3: A Handyman Matters Franchise only services small minor residential jobs right?
TRUTH #3: Handyman Matters services both residential AND commercial customers.
Home Improvement is a robust business segment with strong growth and Handyman Matters is led by a franchisor with deep consumer understanding, in-place systems and operational processes that give local franchise owners a very real competitive edge.
Handyman Matters is uniquely positioned to serve the full gamut of home and commercial improvement jobs – both large and small – with a TEAM of licensed, bonded and insured Craftsmen on your payroll, supported by a social contractor network. It’s a significant competitive advantage that leads to more satisfied customers and a more sustainable business.
- Multiple Revenue Streams include Residential, Commercial and Property Management.
- We build a loyal base of happy repair customers and become their trusted partner on larger projects such as bathrooms, kitchens and decks.
- According to the Joint Center for Housing studies of Harvard University, the average spend annually by each homeowner is $2500.
MYTH #4: It will be very difficult for me to achieve financial freedom in the Home Repair and Restoration Industry.
TRUTH #4: The home improvement industry is a growing segment with reliable revenue opportunities. The business model is viable across changing economies.
- Multiple revenue streams include residential, commercial and property management.
- Handyman Matters systems are tailored to serve multiple revenue streams.
- Handyman Matters has developed systems to provide functional scalability with low initial investment, freeing capital for business development. We have thoroughly vetted, proprietary support systems that will free you to focus time and efforts on running your business.
- Handyman Matters is a value driven organization. The founder is involved and continues to drive strategies to help make you successful. You will be supported as a true partner, not just a number in our system.
- Programs are provided to drive Customer Lifetime Value to build a steady and recurring stream of revenue, while reducing acquisition costs and driving profits.
QUITE SIMPLY, HANDYMAN MATTERS IS A BUSINESS THAT PROVIDES VALUE, SERVES PEOPLE AND SOLVES PROBLEMS – A MODEL WITH TREMENDOUS UPSIDE.
MYTH #5: This isn’t for a tenured person with experience. I’ll just keep hoping I can find a job.
TRUTH #5: We all know finding a job can be hard. The Handyman Matters opportunity is ideal for “tenured” people looking for opportunity!
Handyman Matters is perfect for the C-Level person, possessing leadership, project management and business experience. Job hunting is hard, taxing and for most not much fun. How many times have you been passed over for a position or maybe even a promotion due to; “You make too much”, or “You are overqualified for what we are looking for,” or even maybe due to your age? Probably more than you want to admit.
Your experience can be a perfect fit for owning a Handyman Matters franchise.
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
- Opportunity for ALL
- A family & TEAM to be a part of.
- A fantastic opportunity to showcase your skills, talents and passions.
- A business for you, by you and around you. You create the opportunity and you make the decisions.
CAPABLE & EXPERIENCED:
The time is now to consider a new career by owning your own business, driven by YOUR passion, pride, skills, experience and knowledge. We see so many people with the capabilities to do a job being passed over for opportunities in the corporate world. Our model is the perfect alternative for those who want to combine a career and business ownership into great opportunity.